I use paprika in much of my cooking...it gives food a nice, mild flavor and adds pretty color. These mushrooms are great alongside chicken or beef entrees.
Rosemarie Kondrk, Old Bridge, New Jersey
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 cup chicken broth
- In a large skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Stir in
- paprika. Add mushrooms and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 127 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.