Paprika Chicken Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 1 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked noodles
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1. In a Dutch oven over medium heat, brown chicken in oil and butter; remove chicken. Discard all but 3 tablespoons drippings. Saute mushrooms, onion and peppers in the drippings until crisp-tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- 2. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add broth, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in tomato paste, paprika, salt and pepper.
- 3. Return chicken to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 60-70 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken to a platter of noodles; keep warm.
- 4. Add sour cream to sauce; stir until smooth (do not boil). Spoon over chicken and noodles. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 395 calories, 23 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 791 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.