Paprika Chicken Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 1 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked noodles
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1. In a Dutch oven over medium heat, brown chicken in oil and butter; remove chicken. Discard all but 3 tablespoons drippings. Saute mushrooms, onion and peppers in the drippings until crisp-tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- 2. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add broth, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in tomato paste, paprika, salt and pepper.
- 3. Return chicken to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 60-70 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken to a platter of noodles; keep warm.
- 4. Add sour cream to sauce; stir until smooth (do not boil). Spoon over chicken and noodles. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 395 calories, 23g fat (7g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 791mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein
Reviews for Paprika Chicken
"I haven't cooked it yet"
"This was really good and the left overs were even better. The flavors seemed to mingle together over night :o)"
"My husband is Hungarian, I now only use this recipe for chicken Paprikash not like I had been making it for years. This is not like his mother makes but I like this better!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.