Paprika Chicken Thighs Recipe
This is one of my favorite family meals, and the gravy is perfect over rice, grits or mashed potatoes. —Judy Armstrong, Prairieville, Louisiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Remove from the heat; stir in the flour, paprika and poultry seasoning. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread butter mixture over chicken.
- 2. In a bowl, whisk soup and milk; stir in mushrooms. Pour over chicken. Bake, covered, at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 180°. Sprinkle with parsley. If desired, serve with rice. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 309 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 554 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC