Papaya-Avocado Tossed Salad
Fruit is a terrific addition to green salads in summer. Here our home economists tossed in papaya and avocado.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 4 cups torn green leaf lettuce
- 1 medium papaya, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large salad bowl, gently toss the lettuce, papaya, avocado and
- onion. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing
- ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 145 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 47 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.