Papaya-Avocado Tossed Salad Recipe
Fruit is a terrific addition to green salads in summer. Here our home economists tossed in papaya and avocado.
- 4 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 4 cups torn green leaf lettuce
- 1 medium papaya, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large salad bowl, gently toss the lettuce, papaya, avocado and onion. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 145 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 47mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Papaya-Avocado Tossed Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC