Papa's Sugar Cookies Recipe
“My grandchildren love these sugar cookies.” These crisp cookies will melt in your mouth. Their subtle macadamia nut, cinnamon and orange peel flavors go perfectly together. —Lee Doverspike, North Ridgeville, Ohio
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter flavoring
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup ground macadamia nuts
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Additional granulated sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the butter, oil and sugars until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the butter flavoring, orange peel and vanilla.
- 2. Combine the flour, nuts, baking soda, salt, cream of tartar and cinnamon; gradually add to butter mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 3. Roll into 1-in. balls, then roll in additional sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in additional sugar.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 8 dozen.
1 cookie equals 82 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 60 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Papa's Sugar Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC