- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter flavoring
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup ground macadamia nuts
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Additional granulated sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, oil and sugars until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the butter flavoring, orange peel and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, nuts, baking soda, salt, cream of tartar and cinnamon; gradually add to butter mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls, then roll in additional sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in additional sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 8 dozen.
Reviews for Papa's Sugar Cookies
Sort By :
"Delicious. They reminded me of Snickerdoodles with the cinammon in the mix rather than on the cookie!"
"Delicious! I made these for Christmas, for my family and also to give away to friends and neighbors. They loved them, asked where to find the recipe and said they just dissolve in your mouth. Recently, I made a double batch, they get eaten so quickly that I wanted to make sure to have some around for awhile."
"Yum! I made this recipe for Thanksgiving. At first people were a little ho-hum, but they kept coming back for more and pretty soon they were all gone and everyone admitted they just couldn't resist reaching for another one."
"They turned out very nice."
" Thank You, I have been baking and cooking for over 30 years and have never seen a recipe calling for butter flavoring??? I will look for it next time I am at the store.