Pantry Skillet Recipe
An envelope of soup mix gives fast flavor to this beefy stovetop supper sent in by Susie Smith of Sauk Village, Illinois. "I came up with this all-in-one dish by using whatever ingredients I had on hand," she explains.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 envelope onion mushroom soup mix
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 3 medium carrots, grated
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 slices process American cheese, cut into strips
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, water and soup mix. Stir in the mushrooms, beans, carrots and rice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until beans are tender. Top with cheese; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Pantry Skillet
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC