An envelope of soup mix gives fast flavor to this beefy stovetop supper sent in by Susie Smith of Sauk Village, Illinois. "I came up with this all-in-one dish by using whatever ingredients I had on hand," she explains.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 envelope onion mushroom soup mix
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 3 medium carrots, grated
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 slices process American cheese, cut into strips
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the soup, water and soup mix. Stir in the mushrooms,
- beans, carrots and rice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 5-7 minutes or until beans are tender. Top with cheese;
- cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.