Pantry-Shelf Salmon Chowder Recipe
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (7-1/2 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the soup, milk and corn; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add salmon and parsley. Simmer, uncovered, until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pantry-Shelf Salmon Chowder in Country Woman May/June 1996, p37
Reviews for Pantry-Shelf Salmon Chowder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2011
Super. I added some potatoes and a little 1/2@1/2 to strech it out for more servings.
Nice to come across this when it is 30 utside.