Pantry-Shelf Salmon Chowder Recipe
My family enjoys homemade soup, but I don't always have the time to make it from scratch. This simple recipe calls for ingredients I can keep on hand, so I can serve steaming bowls of chowder in a hurry.—Kathryn Awe, International Falls, Minnesota
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (7-1/2 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the soup, milk and corn; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add salmon and parsley. Simmer, uncovered, until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 295 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 1,212 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Pantry-Shelf Salmon Chowder
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC