This homemade salsa is easy because it's made with canned tomatoes. Simply combine them with the seasonings for a spicy salsa that's good with tortilla chips. You can also use it with any recipe that calls for prepared salsa.
Recommended: 22 Ways to Cook with Cinnamon
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with onion, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Tortilla chips
- Combine the first eight ingredients in a large bowl. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Pantry Salsa in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p37
Reviews forPantry Salsa
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2012
"This was very good and took only 5 minutes to prepare."