- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion or 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- Drain mushrooms, reserving liquid. Add enough water to mushroom liquid to measure 1-1/4 cups.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in flour, bouillon and pepper until blended. Add mushrooms. Gradually stir in mushroom liquid mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until gravy is thickened. If desired, stir in browning sauce. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
Originally published as Pantry Mushroom Gravy in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p61
Reviews for Pantry Mushroom Gravy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review