Panna Cotta with Mixed Berries Recipe
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup water
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened mixed berries
- 1/2 cup port wine or grape juice
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over milk; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Stir in extract.
- Pour into six 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate until set.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring water and sugar substitute to a boil. Add the frozen berries and wine or juice; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes. Mash and strain berries, reserving juice. Discard seeds.
- Return juice to the pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until sauce is reduced to 3/4 cup. Transfer to a bowl; cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Unmold panna cotta onto dessert plates. Serve with sauce and fresh berries. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Panna Cotta with Mixed Berries in Light & Tasty April/May 2007, p52
Reviews for Panna Cotta with Mixed Berries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Gelatin Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Jello Desserts >
- Jello Gelatin Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >