Panko Fried Green Tomatoes Recipe
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 5 medium green tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1. In three separate shallow bowls, place the flour, eggs and bread crumbs. Dip tomatoes in flour, then in eggs; coat with bread crumbs.
- 2. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry tomatoes, a few at a time, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with salt. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
3 piece: 227 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 127mg cholesterol, 126mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein .
Reviews for Panko Fried Green Tomatoes
"These are the best fried green tomatoes I have every had"
"I love fried green tomatoes and these are GREAT!"
"this is a simple an very easy recipe and tasted great"