Panko Fried Green Tomatoes Recipe
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 5 medium green tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1. In three separate shallow bowls, place the flour, eggs and bread crumbs. Dip tomatoes in flour, then in eggs; coat with bread crumbs.
- 2. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry tomatoes, a few at a time, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with salt. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
3 piece: 227 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 127mg cholesterol, 126mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Panko Fried Green Tomatoes
"These are the best fried green tomatoes I have every had"
"I love fried green tomatoes and these are GREAT!"
"this is a simple an very easy recipe and tasted great"