Panko Chicken with Fresh Marinara Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 8 medium fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a shallow bowl, beat the egg. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, flour, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Dip chicken in egg, then roll in crumb mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Drain on paper towels.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the marinara ingredients; heat through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
3 chicken tenders with 1/3 cup sauce: 357 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 260mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 33g protein
Reviews for Panko Chicken with Fresh Marinara
"Yummy. I followed the chicken recipe as-is but served with store-bought marinara sauce."
"I will make this again. They came out very well cooking with all the coating in tack."
"Very very good. I will make again."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.