Panko Chicken with Fresh Marinara Recipe
We’re giving your hometown restaurant a run for their money with these crispy, crunchy tenders served with a chunky homemade sauce. Remember this recipe; it makes a crowd-pleasing appetizer, too! —Allison Paton, Scarborough, Maine
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 8 medium fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, flour, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Dip chicken in egg, then roll in crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the marinara ingredients; heat through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Panko Chicken with Fresh Marinara in Simple & Delicious August/September 2012, p61
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Panko Chicken with Fresh Marinara(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Mushroom Condiments >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >