Panguitch Potatoes Recipe
When my husband was in charge of our large pioneer celebration a few years ago, he decided to multiply our family favorite for a crowd. The dish is easy to fix and has become a standby for the event. Here is the original recipe, cheesy and comforting.
- 4 pounds medium potatoes, peeled
- 2-3/4 cups (11 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or just until tender. Drain; cool slightly. Grate potatoes.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; add potatoes. Stir to combine. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 15 servings.
3/4 cup: 178 calories, 8g fat (6g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein .
Reviews for Panguitch Potatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC