Panforte Cookie Cups Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons chopped dates
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons grated semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons chopped candied orange peel
- 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- Additional confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Combine flour and allspice; stir into creamed mixture just until combined. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, egg, pecans, dates, cranberries, chocolate, orange peel and ginger. Roll dough into 1-in. balls; press onto the bottoms and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups. Place 1 teaspoon filling in each cup.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
To Make Ahead: Dough can be made 2 days in advance. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in a resealable bag. Store in the refrigerator.
1 each: 112 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.