Panforte Cookie Cups Recipe
A tassie-like treat takes on an Italian flair in this Panforte Cookie Cup. The filling of nuts, dried and candied fruits and spices make it reminscent of the Panforte bread.—Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons chopped dates
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons grated semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons chopped candied orange peel
- 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- Additional confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Combine flour and allspice; stir into creamed mixture just until combined. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, egg, pecans, dates, cranberries, chocolate, orange peel and ginger. Roll dough into 1-in. balls; press onto the bottoms and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups. Place 1 teaspoon filling in each cup.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 112 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1 fat
Reviews for Panforte Cookie Cups
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC