- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons chopped dates
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons grated semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons chopped candied orange peel
- 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- Additional confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Combine flour and allspice; stir into creamed mixture just until combined. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, egg, pecans, dates, cranberries, chocolate, orange peel and ginger. Roll dough into 1-in. balls; press onto the bottoms and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups. Place 1 teaspoon filling in each cup.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Panforte Cookie Cups in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p115
Reviews for Panforte Cookie Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review