- 2/3 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed candied fruit
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- In bread machine pan, place the first nine ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the candied fruit and raisins.
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Shape into a 9-in. round loaf; place in a greased 9-in. springform pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Remove sides of pan; cut into wedges. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 10 slices).
Originally published as Panettone in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p66
Reviews for Panettone
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review