- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook scallops in butter and
- oil for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side or until firm and opaque.
- Remove from the heat and keep warm. Drain potatoes; set aside.
- In a blender, combine the vinegar, rosemary, garlic and salt; cover
- and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a
- steady stream.
- To assemble appetizers, top each potato slice with a scallop; drizzle
- each with 1/4 teaspoon vinaigrette (save remaining vinaigrette for
- another use). Yield: about 15 appetizers plus 1/2 cup leftover
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 82 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 194 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.