Pancetta Scallops on Potato Rounds Recipe
- 5 small red potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 pound sliced pancetta or bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Combine the salt, onion powder and pepper. Wrap a slice of pancetta around each scallop; sprinkle salt mixture over both sides.
- 3. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook scallops in butter and oil for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side or until firm and opaque. Remove from the heat and keep warm. Drain potatoes; set aside.
- 4. In a blender, combine the vinegar, rosemary, garlic and salt; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- 5. To assemble appetizers, top each potato slice with a scallop; drizzle each with 1/4 teaspoon vinaigrette (save remaining vinaigrette for another use). Yield: about 15 appetizers plus 1/2 cup leftover vinaigrette.
1 each: 82 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 6g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 lean meat, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Pancetta Scallops on Potato Rounds
"I like it. The rounds are cute and yummy! I think you should try this one too. I'm gonna have to share this with my friends at gourmandia.com."