- In a large skillet, brown turkey in butter on all sides. Place on a
- rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for
- 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Let
- stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in the same skillet, saute shallots and garlic, stirring
- to loosen browned bits from pan. Add wine; bring to a boil. Cook
- until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in the cream, rosemary, sage,
- salt and pepper; cook for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Serve with
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounces cooked turkey with about 1 tablespoon sauce equals 408 calories, 22 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 144 mg cholesterol, 502 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 41 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley
, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now