VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 boneless skinless turkey breast halves (2 pounds each)
- 12 pancetta slices or Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 10 fresh sage leaves
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 6 fresh sage leaves
- Dash each salt and pepper
- Cover one turkey half with plastic wrap; flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Remove plastic; place half of pancetta and sage over turkey. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; tie with kitchen string. Repeat with the remaining turkey, pancetta and sage. Combine the flour, salt and pepper; sprinkle over each turkey.
- In a large skillet, brown turkey in butter on all sides. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in the same skillet, saute shallots and garlic, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Add wine; bring to a boil. Cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in the cream, rosemary, sage, salt and pepper; cook for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Serve with turkey. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Pancetta Sage Turkey with Cream Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p56