Pancakes with Orange Syrup Recipe
When Kimberly Rayfield ran out of milk for her pancake batter, she substituted orange juice-with terrific results. "Everybody said they were the best I'd ever made," she writes from her home in Cleveland, Tennessee.
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ORANGE SYRUP:
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour and sugar. Whisk the egg, milk, orange juice, oil and vanilla until blended; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown.
- 3. Meanwhile, for syrup, combine the sugar, cornstarch and orange juice in a saucepan until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve warm with pancakes. Yield: 2 servings.
2 each: 469 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 857mg sodium, 78g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Pancakes with Orange Syrup
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC