Whenever I ask my family what they want for breakfast, they invariably ask for these pancakes. Not only are they light and fluffy, but my homemade orange butter adds a special sweet flavor.
Recommended: Our Best Pancake Recipes
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ORANGE HONEY BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Combine buttermilk, eggs, oil and honey; add to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown.
- For orange honey butter, combine butter and honey in a medium bowl; beat well. Stir in orange juice concentrate until smooth. Serve with pancakes. Yield: 12 pancakes.
Originally published as Pancakes with Orange Honey Butter in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p45
Reviews for Pancakes with Orange Honey Butter
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 7, 2015
"These pancakes are pretty good! I used wholewheat flour just to make it a little healthier and they taste great!"