Pancakes with Mini Chocolate Chips Recipe
This recipe is a favorite of mine to make for special occasions like birthday or holidays. If you want to make it extra special, serve the pancakes with berries and whipped cream.—Lori Daniels, Beverly, West Virginia
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sour cream and butter until blended; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with whipped cream.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled pancakes between layers of waxed paper in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, place pancakes on an ungreased baking sheet, cover with foil and reheat in a preheated 375° oven 6-10 minutes. Or, place a stack of three pancakes on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 16 pancakes (1 cup whipped cream).
2 pancakes with 2 tablespoons whipped cream equals 354 calories, 22 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 289 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC