Pancakes on the Go Recipe
Is your family tired of the same old breakfast pancakes? If so, try this recipe! Brown sugar wakes up your taste buds while oats add stick-to-your-ribs texture to carry you through lunchtime. These pancakes are so nicely sweet they don't need syrup...and they're a fun way to get kids to eat oats. —Karen Ann Bland Gove, Kansas
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1-1/3 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the egg, buttermilk and oil; gradually stir into dry ingredients and mix well.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Yield: about 9 pancakes.
1 serving (2 each) equals 269 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 450 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC