Pancakes on the Go
Is your family tired of the same old breakfast pancakes? If so, try this recipe! Brown sugar wakes up your taste buds while oats add stick-to-your-ribs texture to carry you through lunchtime. These pancakes are so nicely sweet they don't need syrup...and they're a fun way to get kids to eat oats.
—Karen Ann Bland
4-5 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1-1/3 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl,
- whisk the egg, buttermilk and oil; gradually stir into dry
- ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn
- when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until the second side is
- golden brown. Yield: about 9 pancakes.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 269 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 450 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.