Pancakes from the Pantry Recipe
- PANCAKE MIX:
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 5 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups Pancake mix (above)
- 1 cup water
- 1. In a large bowl, combine mix ingredients. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 8 cups (4 batches of pancakes).
- 2. To make pancakes: Beat eggs in a small bowl. Gradually beat in oil. Add mix alternately with water; mix well. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle on medium-low heat; turn after 2 minutes. Cook until second side is browned. Yield: 10 pancakes per batch.
Reviews for Pancakes from the Pantry
"Had some again this morning! They are hearty and very very good. Will make for gifts this year. Tried and true."
"I make these every Christmas to give to my neighbors. It is always well received, and a fun tradition to do each year. The oats and whole wheat combination makes them very hearty, and the cinnamon adds a comforting aroma and taste! It is a winner!"