- PANCAKE MIX:
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 5 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups Pancake mix (above)
- 1 cup water
- In a large bowl, combine mix ingredients. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 8 cups (4 batches of pancakes).
- To make pancakes: Beat eggs in a small bowl. Gradually beat in oil. Add mix alternately with water; mix well. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle on medium-low heat; turn after 2 minutes. Cook until second side is browned. Yield: 10 pancakes per batch.
Originally published as Pancakes from the Pantry in Country Woman November/December 1996, p42
Reviews for Pancakes from the Pantry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2012
I make these every Christmas to give to my neighbors. It is always well received, and a fun tradition to do each year. The oats and whole wheat combination makes them very hearty, and the cinnamon adds a comforting aroma and taste! It is a winner!