Pancakes for Two
These light and fluffy pancakes are perfectly portioned for two, so there's no need to worry about what to do with leftover batter. For a special taste treat, I like to prepare them with blueberries.Annemarie Pietila, Farmington Hills, Michigan
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda
- and salt. Combine the egg, buttermilk and oil; stir into dry
- ingredients just until blended. Fold in blueberries if desired.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn
- when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is
- golden brown. Yield: about 8 pancakes.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 each) equals 527 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 1,299 mg sodium, 74 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.