Pancakes for One
Ann Schenk (at Left) of Winnett, Montana, has used the recipe for Pancakes for One for years. Originally it served six. "As our kids grew up and left home, I scaled down the recipe," Ann says. "Now if my husband, Mike, or I have a taste for these pancakes, it's easy to make just a few."
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Butter and maple syrup
- In a bowl, combine flour, wheat germ, baking soda, baking powder and
- salt. In another bowl, beat egg; add buttermilk an oil. Stir into
- dry ingredients just until blended.
- Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn
- when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until the second side is
- golden brown. Serve with butter and syrup. Yield: 1 serving (3
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 427 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 217 mg cholesterol, 1,198 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.