Pancake Stack with Syrup Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top of the pancake; cook until second side is golden brown.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine syrup ingredients. Cook until sugar is dissolved. Serve with pancakes. Yield: 6 pancakes and 1 cup syrup.
3 each: 1097 calories, 32g fat (8g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 1365mg sodium, 189g carbohydrate (127g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein
Reviews for Pancake Stack with Syrup
"Perfect! Tripled the recipe exactly and added vanilla. Delicious, even reheated."
"Just made these and they were good. For the syrup, instead of 1/2 tsp rum, I put in 1/4 tsp rum and 1/4 tsp vanilla. Thanks for sharing this recipe!!!"
"This was really good. I added a teaspoon of vanilla for a little extra flavor."
"These are good pancakes; very light and fluffy. The syrup was somewhat thin and I think if I make them again I will use maple syrup instead."
"I have made this recipe several times and it is always good."
"These are amazing...... a great morning treat!"
"This is a perfect-size breakfast for the kids and me. I substitute half of the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour, for great taste and nutrition."
"Best recipe for pancakes I have found! I add a little vanilla to them. Even my husband eats them and he is not a big pancake person."
"My family loves these! They are light and fluffy and quick to make."