Pancake Stack with Syrup Recipe
Who has time to make from-scratch pancakes and homemade syrup? You do, thanks to this easy recipe from Joan Baskin. "My husband and I enjoy these pancakes with crisp bacon or sausages on the side," she notes from Black Creek, British Columbia. "Sometimes we even have them for supper."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top of the pancake; cook until second side is golden brown.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine syrup ingredients. Cook until sugar is dissolved. Serve with pancakes. Yield: 6 pancakes and 1 cup syrup.
1 serving (3 each) equals 1,097 calories, 32 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 133 mg cholesterol, 1,365 mg sodium, 189 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC