- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top of the pancake; cook until second side is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine syrup ingredients. Cook until sugar is dissolved. Serve with pancakes. Yield: 6 pancakes and 1 cup syrup.
Reviews for Pancake Stack with Syrup
Sort By :
"These are good pancakes; very light and fluffy. The syrup was somewhat thin and I think if I make them again I will use maple syrup instead."
"I have made this recipe several times and it is always good."
"These are amazing...... a great morning treat!"
"This is a perfect-size breakfast for the kids and me. I substitute half of the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour, for great taste and nutrition."
"Best recipe for pancakes I have found! I add a little vanilla to them. Even my husband eats them and he is not a big pancake person."