From Stafford, Virginia, Francy Glessner prepares a "pancake" large enough to satisfy several folks. Because everyone wants seconds, she frequently doubles the recipe to make tow of the golden nut-topped rounds.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pancake syrup
- 1 cup granola without raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Additional pancake syrup
- Place biscuit mix in a bowl. Combine the eggs, milk, oil and syrup;
- add to biscuit mix and mix well. Spread onto a greased 14-in. pizza
- pan; sprinkle with granola and walnuts.
- Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into
- wedges. Serve with additional syrup. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 ounce) equals 327 calories, 19 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 414 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.