This pancake and sausage combination is great to make for a slumber party breakfast. Kids will have fun eating their way to the tasty "pig" hiding in the golden pancake blanket.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 16 to 18 pork sausage links, cooked
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Combine eggs, buttermilk and oil; blend into dry ingredients.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Roll each pancake around a sausage link.
- For syrup, in a small saucepan, combine sugars and water; bring to a boil. Stir in flavorings. Serve warm with pancakes. Yield: 16-18 pancakes (1-1/2 cups syrup).
Originally published as Pigs in a Blanket in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p92
Reviews for Pancake Pigs in a Blanket
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review