Pancake Mix in a Jar Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apples or cranberries, optional
- 1. Combine the first five ingredients. Transfer to a 1-qt. jar with a tight-fitting lid. Cover and store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 2 batches (3 cups total).
- 2. To prepare pancakes: Place 1-1/2 cups mix in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk egg, milk and oil. Stir in dried fruit if desired. Stir into pancake mix just until moistened. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles on top begin to pop; cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 8 pancakes per batch.
2 each: 329 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 634mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Pancake Mix in a Jar
"Everyone that we've made these for loves them. Excellent flavor."
"Very yummy with Mashed Bananas! I made some as housewarming gifts for neighbors who inviting us for dinner and it looked very nice. I layered the cinnamon throughout the jar so that it had a layered look!"