Pancake Mix in a Jar Recipe
At Christmas, I like to present friends and family with this mix and pure maple syrup. The pancakes are fluffy and fruity.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apples or cranberries, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Transfer to a 1-qt. jar with a tight-fitting lid. Cover and store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 2 batches (3 cups total).
- 2. To prepare pancakes: Place 1-1/2 cups mix in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk and oil. Stir in dried fruit if desired. Stir into pancake mix just until moistened. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 8 pancakes per batch.
1 serving (2 each) equals 329 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 634 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC