Pancake Lasagna Recipe
Take this dish along to your next potluck supper, and don't be surprised when there isn't a morsel left over—it's that good! It's also a unique way to serve lasagna.—Nancy Reed, Battle Creek, Michigan
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Process cottage cheese in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add to beef with seasonings; set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk, flour and salt. Pour 1/3 cup batter into a greased 9-in. skillet, tilting to cover the bottom of the pan. When set and lightly browned, flip the pancake to brown the other side. Remove from pan and place on paper towel; repeat with remaining batter.
- 3. Place one pancake in 10-in. pie plate. Spread with one-fourth of the meat mixture, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers with remaining pancakes and ingredients, ending with the cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 395 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 147 mg cholesterol, 864 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 35 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC