- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Process cottage cheese in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add to beef with tomato paste, water and seasonings; set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk, flour and salt. Pour 1/3 cup batter into a greased 9-in. skillet, tilting to cover the bottom of the pan. When set and lightly browned, flip the pancake to brown the other side. Remove from pan and place on paper towel; repeat with remaining batter.
- Place one pancake in 10-in. pie plate. Spread with one-fourth of the meat mixture, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers with remaining pancakes and ingredients, ending with the cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with remaining Parmesan. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forPancake Lasagna
"I loved this recipe the pancakes make the lasagna a very light meal."
"I made this tonight, and my family LOVED it!! We felt it was actually better than the classic kind! And it was so easy and quick to make."