Pancake and Waffle Mix Recipe
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups buttermilk blend powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR PANCAKES:
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR WAFFLES:
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients with a wire whisk. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 6 months. Yield: about 7 batches of pancakes or about 4 batches of waffles (11 cups total).
- To prepare pancakes: In a medium bowl, beat egg, water and oil. Whisk in 1-1/2 cups pancake/waffle mix. Let stand for 5 minutes. Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Yield: about 6 pancakes.
- To prepare waffles: In a large bowl, beat egg yolks, water and oil. Stir in 2-1/2 cups pancake/waffle mix just until moistened. In a bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into the batter. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Yield: 13 waffles (about 4 inches) per batch. Yield: about 6 pancakes or 13 waffles (about 4 inches) per batch.
Reviews for Pancake and Waffle Mix
Sort By :
i do not like waffles mixes in genreal. this one is okay. but i like to make them scratch
Haven tried this but wanted to let anyone looking for buttermilk blend powder that I find it in Publix where the canned and powdered milk are.
Very handy and good! Buttermilk blend is made by a company called SACO (www.sacofoods.com) 12oz can probably in found in the baking aisle in market. This powdery blend must be stored in fridge after opening.
ok changed my glasses still cannot find buttermilk blend powder
Can someone please explain what the buttermilk blend powder is? I can't find it anywhere on the page!