Pan-Seared Shrimp Recipe
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large skillet, saute shrimp and garlic in oil for 3 minutes. Add wine and seasoning; cook and stir 3-5 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Serve with rice; sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup shrimp with 1/2 cup rice equals 262 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 238 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.