Pan-Seared Lamb Chops Recipe
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lamb loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. Combine the first five ingredients; rub over chops. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chops in butter and oil for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Add wine to the same skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in cream; cook for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with chops. Yield: 2 servings.
2 lamb chops with about 3 tablespoons sauce equals 437 calories, 33 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 146 mg cholesterol, 429 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.