Use this basic recipe to prepare gravy from meats and poultry that have been roasted in an uncovered roasting pan.
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- Roasted meat drippings
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- Chicken broth or water
- Salt, pepper and browning sauce, optional
- Pour pan drippings into a measuring cup. Loosen the browned bits from
- the roasting pan and add to drippings. Skim fat.
- Reserve 1/4 cup fat and transfer to a small saucepan; whisk in flour
- until smooth. Add enough broth or water to pan drippings to measure
- 2 cups. Gradually stir into flour mixture in saucepan. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Season with
- salt, pepper and browning sauce if desired. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 40 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 121 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.