Honey and balsamic lend a sweet flavor to chicken in this stovetop supper from Margaret Wilson of Hemet, California. Served over rice, the tangy chicken combination makes a delicious meal on a busy night.
- 1 package (6 ounces) instant long grain and wild rice mix
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium-high heat for 5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Combine the vinegar, honey and basil; pour over chicken. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until sauce is heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pan-Glazed Chicken in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006, p42
Reviews for Pan-Glazed Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review