Having fresh trout on hand for supper is a great benefit of owning a trout farm! I depend on this simple recipe often.—Shirley Coleman, Monkton, Vermont
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 eggs
- 8 trout fillets
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs. Dip fillets in eggs, then dredge in the
- Parmesan cheese. Shake off excess. Heat oil in a large skillet over
- high heat; brown fillets lightly on both sides until fish flakes
- easily with a fork, about 5-7 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 628 calories, 32 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 318 mg cholesterol, 399 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 80 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.