Pan Fried Chicken Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 envelopes (.6 ounce each) individual serving cream of chicken soup mix
- 2 envelopes Italian salad dressing mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder, optional
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (4 pounds each), cut up
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. Line two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans with foil and grease the foil; set aside.
- 2. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, soup mix, dressing mix and seasonings. Place milk in a shallow dish. Dip chicken into milk, then add to flour mixture, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. Place in prepared pans. Drizzle with butter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 35-50 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving: 645 calories, 36g fat (12g saturated fat), 193mg cholesterol, 1242mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 59g protein.
Reviews for Pan Fried Chicken
"This was actually better the next day...."
"I didnt have the cream of chicken soup mix or the italian salad dressing mix on hand so i used 2/3 cup of seasoned bread crumbs and cut the flour to 1/2 cup and it tasted great! I alsol used boneless skinless chicken breasts and cut them into strips. Would still like to try it using all the original ingredients."
"very tasty,we use it mainly in winter"
"The picture here looks nothing like what came out of the oven. The coating didn't come out very crisp & it was kinda mushy. I probably won't make this again."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.