Pan Fried Chicken Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 envelopes (.6 ounce each) individual serving cream of chicken soup mix
- 2 envelopes Italian salad dressing mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder, optional
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (4 pounds each), cut up
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. Line two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans with foil and grease the foil; set aside.
- 2. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, soup mix, dressing mix and seasonings. Place milk in a shallow dish. Dip chicken into milk, then add to flour mixture, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. Place in prepared pans. Drizzle with butter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 35-50 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (2 pieces) equals 383 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 441 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.