Nestled in a skillet with colorful, nutritious carrots and spinach, this catfish fillet comes out perfectly moist. This meal is no more trouble than heating a frozen dinner, but it tastes much better!
2 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 20 baby carrots
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 2 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- In a large skillet, stir-fry carrots in oil for 1-2 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Add onion; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add catfish;
- cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove fish and set aside.
- Add spinach, in batches, stir-frying until slightly wilted. Return
- fish to skillet. Sprinkle with vinegar and sugar. Cover and cook for
- 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove to a warm
- serving dish; spoon pan juices over fillets. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 397 calories, 23 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 280 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.