Pan-Fried Catfish Recipe
Nestled in a skillet with colorful, nutritious carrots and spinach, this catfish fillet comes out perfectly moist. This meal is no more trouble than heating a frozen dinner, but it tastes much better!
- 20 baby carrots
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 2 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1. In a large skillet, stir-fry carrots in oil for 1-2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add onion; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add catfish; cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove fish and set aside.
- 2. Add spinach, in batches, stir-frying until slightly wilted. Return fish to skillet. Sprinkle with vinegar and sugar. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove to a warm serving dish; spoon pan juices over fillets. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 397 calories, 23g fat (4g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 280mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 6g fiber), 32g protein.
Reviews for Pan-Fried Catfish
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC