Pan-Fried Catfish with Spicy Pecan Gremolata Recipe
- 1/2 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 1/2 cup glazed pecans
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1. Place the first seven ingredients in a food processor. Cover and process until chunky; set aside.
- 2. Place buttermilk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal and Cajun seasoning. Dip fish in buttermilk, then coat with cornmeal mixture.
- 3. In a large skillet, cook fillets in oil in batches over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with gremolata. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet with 2 tablespoons gremolata equals 586 calories, 37 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 312 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.