- 1/2 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 1/2 cup glazed pecans
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Place the first seven ingredients in a food processor. Cover and process until chunky; set aside.
- Place buttermilk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal and Cajun seasoning. Dip fish in buttermilk, then coat with cornmeal mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook fillets in oil in batches over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with gremolata. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pan-Fried Catfish with Spicy Pecan Gremolata in Country Woman October/November 2011, p34
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pan-Fried Catfish with Spicy Pecan Gremolata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review