Pan-Fried Breaded Trout Recipe
- 4 lake trout fillets (about 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup bacon-flavored crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Pinch pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Lemon wedges and/or minced chives or parsley, optional
- 1. Rinse fish in cold water; pat dry. In a shallow bowl, combine the cheese, cracker crumbs, cornmeal, garlic salt and pepper. In another bowl, beat eggs and milk. Dip fish in the egg mixture, then gently roll in the crumb mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet, fry fish in oil for 3-4 minutes on each side or until it flakes easily with a fork. Garnish with lemon, chives and/or parsley if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 524 calories, 39g fat (8g saturated fat), 152mg cholesterol, 441mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Pan-Fried Breaded Trout
"This was great-the only problem we had was we couldn't find bacon crackers - they must not make them anymore so we used Ritz."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.