Pan Burritos Recipe
Our family loves Mexican food, so this flavorful, satisfying casserole is a favorite. It's nice to have a way to get the taste of burritos and be able to cut servings any size you want. -Joyce Kent, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- 2 packages (1-1/2 ounces each) enchilada sauce mix
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Salt to taste
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 9 large flour tortillas (9-inch)
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans, warmed
- Taco sauce, sour cream, chili peppers, chopped onion and/or guacamole, optional
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- 2. In a skillet, brown the beef. Drain; stir in one third of the sauce. Spread another third on the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- 3. Place three tortillas over sauce, tearing to fit bottom of pan. Spoon half of the meat mixture over tortillas; sprinkle with 1-1/2 cups cheese. Add three more tortillas. Spread refried beans over tortillas; top with remaining meat. Sprinkle with 1-1/2 cups of cheese. Layer remaining tortillas; top with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Serve with taco sauce, sour cream, chili peppers, chopped onion, and/or guacamole if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 578 calories, 25 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 1,421 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 11 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Reviews for Pan Burritos
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC