- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Sprinkle a surface with 1/4 cup sugar; unfold puff pastry sheet on surface. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar. Roll into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup sugar to within 1/2 in. of edges. Lightly press into pastry.
- With a knife, very lightly score a line widthwise across the middle of the pastry. Starting at one short side, roll up jelly-roll style, stopping at the score mark in the middle. Starting at the other side, roll up pastry jelly-roll style to score mark. Cut into 3/8-in. slices.
- Place cut side up 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle lightly with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake at 425° for 12 minutes. Turn pastries over and sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake 5 minutes longer or until golden brown and glazed. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Store in airtight containers. Yield: About 2 dozen.
Reviews for Palmiers
Sort By :
"happy, happy, joy , joy....so glad to have this easy peasy recipe. I used cinnamon sugar for a bit more flavor. My mom loves these, so glad to be able to make them for her. This would be great to serve at a ladies tea. Light, crisp and lovely"
"Super easy and crunchy! These were a big hit!"
"These seemed to simple to be fabulous - but I took them to a party and they disappeared before I knew it!"